Toggle shoutbox Live Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Punk_Life75 : (22 Nov - 17:03) Should have started with Cully, Benson, Miller, Walker and Wall. That would have shown them
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 17:04) @ Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 14:28) [img]http://www.sports262.com/public/style_images/sports262-blue/comment_edit.png[/img] [img]http://www.sports262.com/public/style_images/sports262-blue/folder_edit.png[/img]cullen has played in every game this season so odds are he will be our leading scorer, time to give someone else a chance
That is what I'm talking about
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:05) what's your point?
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:06) are you going to ban yourself for starting an argument?
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:07) Cullen was injured, not trained until Fri
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 17:07) You asked why he was rested just now when earlier you said he should be to give somebody else a chance
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:08) are wall and walker injured too then? or just not good enough for the bench
@  Punk_Life75 : (22 Nov - 17:08) But I had him in my prediction, it just selfish.
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 17:09) I'm not starting an argument, just wondering why you are now questioning what you said should happen.
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:09) JS pleased with the way everyone played
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:09) "just not our day" JS
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:10) got your ticket for next week Anon?
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:10) you took my comment in the wrong context
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:11) have you?
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:11) yes
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:12) of course he wouldn't be annoyed we worked hard and only let in one goal
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:13) he be more annoyed if we lost 3-2 though
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:13) he'd
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:15) he was unhappy with the goal being conceded
@  Anonymous Ha... : (22 Nov - 17:20) never mind its only one defeat but this has been coming
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:20) I assume the answer to my question is "No"
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:22) Just get back to winning next week. We were always unlikely to go unbeaten for the rest of the season.
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:23) Right, food and rugby call. Back later.
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 17:24) Of course it is a no Ickle.
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:26) I'm looking forward to catching up with a few people at the Lansdowne again next week.
@  Icklefordian : (22 Nov - 17:27) Food not quite ready after all, rugby about to start.
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 19:26) Donny are much better away than at home. Won 5 of the 8 away league games played. Only won 1 at home!
@  abcdefghijkl... : (22 Nov - 19:29) I'm sure Anonymous Ha... would go to every game if he could. We would all like to but for any number of reasons cant.
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 20:15) The home form will come back Spike, it`s easier to turn home form round than away form.
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 20:19) I hope you are right Lake, the last time we went up from league 1 it was only the away record that did it.
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 20:26) Who have you got next week?
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 20:33) Notts County and Crewe, both away thankfully. After that it's Barnsley and Oldham both away, so we should get something from those.
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 20:39) Just looked at the BBC L1 website and noticed that Eoin Doyle of Chesterfield has 16 goals already this season.
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 20:43) I thought he'd scored 19 but whatever it is he's doing well. For all those goals though they are only 3 points above us
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 20:47) He could be a nice windfall for the Spirites in the January transfer window to a Champ club.
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 20:51) I'm sure there are a few clubs will be watching him, not sure how long his contract is for. The problem with strikers they can have a good season and then revert back to what they were like before or if there is a partner he has got that is helping him get those goals what will he be like else where
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 20:52) Billy Sharp did well for Scunthorpe and us but hasn't done very well elsewhere
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 20:53) Good points but looking at his record at previous clubs he is a proven goal scorer.
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 20:56) Charlie Austin is a great example of being a success with every upward step he made.
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 21:00) In his 2 years at Hibs he only got 11 goals for the 2 seasons and before that he was playing in Ireland where defences are not up to the quality of the English leagues. Would he be able to make the step up to the Championship and score as many as he is now? Possibly he is that 1 in 50 that can
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 21:03) I didn`t see the Hibs record only the Ireland one, so yes, you are right.
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 21:08) Donny have given a couple of youngsters 3 year professional contracts this week, they have been banging goals in on a weekly basis in the youth team. Already PL and Championship clubs are sniffing round.
@  LakeCountyHa... : (22 Nov - 21:12) They are long contracts for youth players so if any of them do go they will go for large sums.It is harder and harder now for clubs to hang onto youth talent with the riches offered in the Prem and Champ.
@  Spike : (22 Nov - 21:40) Sorry for disappearing there was a phone call. They are long contracts but as you say if other clubs want they they'll have to pay well
@  Spike : (24 Nov - 17:12) Cameron has cut the flood defence budget by £250m: (UK Statistics Authority).. While giving £600m aid for flood defences in other countries.
@  Spike : (24 Nov - 18:14) Colchester have signed Birmingham defender Will Packwood on loan until January 1st
@  CURLZ : (24 Nov - 18:38) Evening all.
@  Spike : (24 Nov - 18:41) Evening Curlz
@  CURLZ : (24 Nov - 19:31) Hi Spike. Sorry but I got called away.
@  Spike : (24 Nov - 19:32) Ok mate not a problem, happens to us all. Boro U21s beating Hull U21s atm

Judicial Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Techno_Trousers

Techno_Trousers

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
Anyone of the same opinion as me, that the whole process in this country with regard to the OS stinks of corruption? When the WHU lawyer is stating in court that having LOFC in the same stadium would ruin the WHU 'brand', I am gob smacked that Barry and Orient have not won the right to a full judicial review. We shall see where this goes next, but I do not see Barry giving up, and he has right very much on his side.

If WHU are allowed unfettered access to the OS, then we either (1) stay in Leyton and go bust in 5-10 years as a League club, and become a non-league club (2) move to the outskirts of London, and ply our trade there. Maybe this is the better solution.

Whatever happens, what I dislike most of all about this, is that I as a tax payer, have contributed to this stadium, and which is now being given for chicken feed rent to WHU, leading to the ultimate demise of my team. Where there is a very strong whiff of corruption, you normally do not have to dig too deep to find the source of the stench. I think we all know where that is coming from.

TT

EastLondonOsMan

EastLondonOsMan

First Team Backup

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
100% agree with you. i don't think Bazza will let this rest i have been going to the O's for over 40 years there's now way i will see the O's disappear because of the back handers going on i will back Bazza 100% on this

Cholsient

Cholsient

First Team Backup

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient

Being an optimist, I think the House of Lords may be more sympathetic to Orient regarding the "Legacy" issue and I sincerely hope that at the very least, Orient may extract some compensation from the Premiership/Football League if all else fails.

It really needs EVERY TRUE SUPPORTER of not just the O's, but EVERY FOOTBALL LEAGUE CLUB and perhaps at least some PREMIERSHIP CLUBS, voicing their opinion as to the whole decision making process in this fiasco, by writing to their MP.

If you had a million plus fans saying "this is ridiculous, why can't the O's share the stadium", something would be done.

It needs someone (or a group) to post messages on ALL CLUB/other forums explaining factually what has happened and the relevant issues- very time consuming but probable highly worthwhile.

Widespread publicity is what is needed - anyone fancy doing a tight-rope walk from one side of the OS to t'other ! Now that would get some coverage . . . . especially if the poor chap fell off whilst being videoed live by News at Ten !

Of course, he would have a fast opening parachute to save him . . . or her.

I have a wonderful optimistic imagination and outlook to life.

However good things are . . . . they could always be better.

However bad things are . . . . they could always be worse !

Edited by Cholsient, 19 Sep 2013 - 19:49.

westcountryred

westcountryred

First Team Backup

• Members
  • 505 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
Perhaps someone to parachute into upton park during a live sky game trailing a banner or something. It happened in the weekend just gone and made the news. I would offer but I'm scared of heights.. Truly diabolical decision though. Bazza is only asking someone to consider the option and if they come up with a viable reason why we shouldn't share (of which there isn't one) then fair enough. Perhaps this spell of success will help with the publicity. And as I've said before, why should one championship club get preference over another?

BasO from that London

BasO from that London

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Supports:
    The Mighty O's of course

Anyone of the same opinion as me, that the whole process in this country with regard to the OS stinks of corruption?

First thought in my mind when I heard about it today.I think I would have been more shocked if it went the other way to be honest.

And that WHU lawyer,pff,I spit on him.(said in a french accent)

If Hearns lawyers are that good,and if they're not,get some better ones,then we should come out of this with something positive in the end.

because there is a truth in there,they've broken Premier and Football League rules for a start.The problem now is how much money it's gonna take to take it further.

I can't see Bazza backing down tho',it's what makes his heart tick.Cholsient,get that rope ready,I'm roughing up me slippers.

leigh on sea o

leigh on sea o

Reserve Player

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Supports:
    leyton orient

sign the petition. see it under O`S fans have you seen this posted by spike

BasO from that London

BasO from that London

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Supports:
    The Mighty O's of course

I've also posted the link to the petition on facebook.

This is what I wrote.

Please take a minute to sign and spread this link around,if you agree.

I'm not anti West Ham,it's just not right,is it.
Most hammers fans agree with this.
Leyton Orient should be a reality,not just a memory.Thanks.

Other teams forums next.

Techno_Trousers

Techno_Trousers

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
http://threeandin.com/?p=27493

Another independent commentary

TT

COMEONYOUOS_RS

COMEONYOUOS_RS

First Team Rotation

• Members
  • 624 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient

this is my opinion.it is just an opinion.it may be correct, it may be miles off..but its what I think.........

I believe West Hams owners Gold & Sullivan, who are lets face it, hard nosed businessmen, have got a very valuable asset in a team that plays its home games in the Olympic stadium, and they have a deal to sell that club once the OS deal is signed and secure.

I believe the people who own the Westfields shopping centres will buy West Ham, sometime after the deal is done, and Sullivan & gold will make a shed load of money.

Westfields are mega rich......were talking enormous  sums here, and they will take WEst Ham to new heights.

They will pump millions in that club, and buy top players, and once WH are one of the top teams, they will attract even more mega rich investors

In about 15 years from now, West Ham could be in the Real Madrid/Barcelona league.

The deal was struck, on the basis that they dont share the ground......it lowers the brand in their eyes, and in order that WEst Ham got the stadium, huge backhanders & bungs have been thrown around, to whoever they needed to to be on their side.

If they have spent 5 million on bungs & backhanders, its cheap, as they will make many more millions once their plans come to fruition.

These backhanders may have gone as high as its possible to go.( High as in personel)

How could it be possible, to reach such a decision as has been made, unless money & favours have changed hands.

Any legacy MUST have included Orient.it must have

This whole affair stinks to high heaven

As i say, this is one mans opinion, and maynot be at all factual..Im not saying it is, but this is what i think

Techno_Trousers

Techno_Trousers

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
I reckon you are not far from the truth. Whether Westfields are involved, is debatable, but you could replace their name with any other organisation that may be involved. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that you are almost bang on the truth.
Quite clearly the corruption involved here, and the sums involved, go to very high levels, and there is a cartel that are deliberately keeping Barry and Orient out. The OS 'legacy' (sic) is not a legacy unless it involves Leyton Orient in some way. As the spokesperson for the House of Lords said, the OS legacy was not intended to see the local football club stamped on and destroyed. That is what the LLDC, Boris, Sullivan Gold and Brady intend to do, and they know it. It is almost without doubt that there are very large sums involved, and with a fair number of people. Barry is entirely correct when he alludes to this in his commentary, when he mentions deals done behind closed doors.

This needs to come out, and it needs an investigative journalist to start digging.

TT

Edited by Techno_Trousers, 21 Sep 2013 - 08:43.

TmT

TmT

First Team Backup

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Supports:
    the Orient!
It will all come out in the future, but only at a time that the O's, or anyone else for that matter, can do nothing about it. Dark forces unquestionably at work here.

We'll just take it out on them on the pitch next season!!!

Techno_Trousers

Techno_Trousers

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient

And now for the cost of all of this....

http://www.sportsdir...-legal-bill.php

TT

BasO from that London

BasO from that London

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Supports:
    The Mighty O's of course

Well I won't be using them when I sell my house.This money was accounted for beforehand (cup run),so no great biggy there.Thing is,the lawyers failed,so if Bazza continues with them maybe there's a deal to be struck to take it further,I dunno,I'm not a lawyer.They (the lawyers) certainly wouldn't want to be losers in a well publicised case though.

Does anyone know why Bazza has been in NY this week,I'm guessing it's boxing but they also have lawyers there,don't they.I really hope he continues with this and the club gets at least some kind of compensation.

I wonder if this could be funded by some billionaire that we don't know about yet.

We could all wear tea towels on our heads for the next home match,just to get the ball rolling.

Stortford O

Stortford O

Youth Hot Prospect

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Supports:
    Orient

Should have gone with some 'no win, no fee' merchants!

BasO from that London

BasO from that London

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Supports:
    The Mighty O's of course

Too right bishop,I could have lost him the case for half of what he paid them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users