Toggle shoutbox Live Chat Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:15) It's the only way.
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 20:16) Wellens says he will be leaving and that Rovers will be relying on youngsters.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:18) We will be using more youngsters but will be signing experienced players as well
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 20:18) And that they will find it hard to cope.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:19) They did well last night, won 4-0
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 20:19) Who were we playing Spike.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:20) Grimsby, The lads played a good passing and quick game
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:22) Bennett's back and looks to be a big improvement , scored one of the goals as well
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:22) Young Peterson got one as well
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 20:23) The youngsters will bring some enthusiasm to the game.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:24) They played better than the older players against Lincoln
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:28) Luton equalise
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:38) FT East Thurrock 1-1 Luton
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 20:40) Looks like UKIP is going to be involved in the transfer business as at least a couple of councillors are seriously thinking of joining us. If they do they will bring some much needed experience, still we are learning fast.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:41) Joining Rovers?
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 20:51) Tonight at our full council; meeting the Mayor is running a charity golf challenge match and asked who played golf, only the council leader, a lady, raised her hand. When he asked if anyone had played cricket, another charity match, only one of us put up their hand - me.
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 20:52) Wonder if I will be making a comeback, opening bat for Maidstone. Would probably be a record I can see the headlines now. 75 year old o[pens batting.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:52) Not a very active lot are they? lol
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 20:53) You might get spotted for the England team! You couldn't do any worse than they do atm.
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 20:57) Could even be captain - of England not Maidstone.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 21:02) You'll have to dig out your boots to take to Cantley Park as well. You never know
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 21:03) Would probably be sent off every match in the first ten minutes.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 21:05) Do you play like Syd Bycroft used to?
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 21:07) I was called a bustling centre forward later a rugged defender. Speaks for itself.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 21:08) Arh, well it might not be worth the effort of tying your laces then
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 21:08) Used to love the shoulder charge
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 21:09) What do you mean tying my laces - I can't get down to my laces.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 21:12) You must be as good as Balotelli, he has to get somebody to tie his, as well as making sure he's got his shirt on the right way round
@  Dave Sargeant : (23 Jul - 21:14) With that I will say goodnight Spike.
@  Spike : (23 Jul - 21:14) Ok, goodnight Dave
@  CURLZ : (24 Jul - 06:53) Morning earlybirds.
@  GentlemanSpi... : (24 Jul - 07:23) Good morning Curlz.
@  Dave Sargeant : (25 Jul - 09:51) Spike I was reading in the BBC rugby league site yesterday. It seems that they have restricted the super league to 12 teams, meaning that the relegated teams will not be replaced. If so Dons will not be in the super league next season. I may have read it wrong.
@  Spike : (25 Jul - 13:23) I can't remember exactly how it's going to work but there will be 2 Super league divisions from next year. Not sure how many teams in each
@  Spike : (25 Jul - 19:09) Dover 1 up v Col U
@  Spike : (25 Jul - 19:21) Col U equalise
@  Spike : (25 Jul - 19:42) Col U 2-1 up
@  Spike : (25 Jul - 20:24) Dover 2-2 Col U afetr 79 mins
@  Spike : (25 Jul - 20:42) FT Dover 2-2 Col U. Szmodics, Thompson.
@  Spike : (26 Jul - 13:18) Look like Donny could be signing Curtis Main from Middlesbrough
@  Dershat : (26 Jul - 15:08) Any news on this first friendly at KR please. And teams possibly?
@  Dershat : (26 Jul - 15:22) Just heard that Lacey scored only goal so far and 8 subs on: Tyler for Justham, Franks for Robinson, Wilkinson for McNulty, Griffiths for Fry, Cullen for Rooney, Lawless for Howells, Drury for Ruddock and Wall for Whalley. Don' t know who other 2 are.
@  Dershat : (26 Jul - 15:26) Lafayette for Benson and Williams for Connolly and Franks has scored 2nd - 2-0.
@  Dershat : (26 Jul - 15:29) 3199 at KR.
@  Dershat : (26 Jul - 15:30) 802 noisy away fans!
@  LakeCountyHa... : (26 Jul - 15:46) 4 0 now Lafayette a d lawless
@  LakeCountyHa... : (26 Jul - 15:49) 4 0 ft.
@  Spike : (27 Jul - 15:29) 2 signings for Donny tomorrow.
@  Spike : (27 Jul - 15:54) FT Donny 2-2 Wendies, Marc de Val and Kyle Bennet scored for Donny
@  Spike : (27 Jul - 16:06) Wendies have scored their first ever goals at the Keepmoat today, that should send them home happy

Judicial Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Techno_Trousers

Techno_Trousers

First Team Rotation

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
Anyone of the same opinion as me, that the whole process in this country with regard to the OS stinks of corruption? When the WHU lawyer is stating in court that having LOFC in the same stadium would ruin the WHU 'brand', I am gob smacked that Barry and Orient have not won the right to a full judicial review. We shall see where this goes next, but I do not see Barry giving up, and he has right very much on his side.

If WHU are allowed unfettered access to the OS, then we either (1) stay in Leyton and go bust in 5-10 years as a League club, and become a non-league club (2) move to the outskirts of London, and ply our trade there. Maybe this is the better solution.

Whatever happens, what I dislike most of all about this, is that I as a tax payer, have contributed to this stadium, and which is now being given for chicken feed rent to WHU, leading to the ultimate demise of my team. Where there is a very strong whiff of corruption, you normally do not have to dig too deep to find the source of the stench. I think we all know where that is coming from.

TT

EastLondonOsMan

EastLondonOsMan

Reserve Player

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
100% agree with you. i don't think Bazza will let this rest i have been going to the O's for over 40 years there's now way i will see the O's disappear because of the back handers going on i will back Bazza 100% on this

Cholsient

Cholsient

First Team Backup

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient

Being an optimist, I think the House of Lords may be more sympathetic to Orient regarding the "Legacy" issue and I sincerely hope that at the very least, Orient may extract some compensation from the Premiership/Football League if all else fails.

It really needs EVERY TRUE SUPPORTER of not just the O's, but EVERY FOOTBALL LEAGUE CLUB and perhaps at least some PREMIERSHIP CLUBS, voicing their opinion as to the whole decision making process in this fiasco, by writing to their MP.

If you had a million plus fans saying "this is ridiculous, why can't the O's share the stadium", something would be done.

It needs someone (or a group) to post messages on ALL CLUB/other forums explaining factually what has happened and the relevant issues- very time consuming but probable highly worthwhile.

Widespread publicity is what is needed - anyone fancy doing a tight-rope walk from one side of the OS to t'other ! Now that would get some coverage . . . . especially if the poor chap fell off whilst being videoed live by News at Ten !

Of course, he would have a fast opening parachute to save him . . . or her.

I have a wonderful optimistic imagination and outlook to life.

However good things are . . . . they could always be better.

However bad things are . . . . they could always be worse !

Edited by Cholsient, 19 Sep 2013 - 19:49.

westcountryred

westcountryred

First Team Backup

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
Perhaps someone to parachute into upton park during a live sky game trailing a banner or something. It happened in the weekend just gone and made the news. I would offer but I'm scared of heights.. Truly diabolical decision though. Bazza is only asking someone to consider the option and if they come up with a viable reason why we shouldn't share (of which there isn't one) then fair enough. Perhaps this spell of success will help with the publicity. And as I've said before, why should one championship club get preference over another?

BasO from that London

BasO from that London

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,220 posts
  • Supports:
    The Mighty O's of course

Anyone of the same opinion as me, that the whole process in this country with regard to the OS stinks of corruption?

First thought in my mind when I heard about it today.I think I would have been more shocked if it went the other way to be honest.

And that WHU lawyer,pff,I spit on him.(said in a french accent)

If Hearns lawyers are that good,and if they're not,get some better ones,then we should come out of this with something positive in the end.

because there is a truth in there,they've broken Premier and Football League rules for a start.The problem now is how much money it's gonna take to take it further.

I can't see Bazza backing down tho',it's what makes his heart tick.Cholsient,get that rope ready,I'm roughing up me slippers.

leigh on sea o

leigh on sea o

Reserve Player

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Supports:
    leyton orient

sign the petition. see it under O`S fans have you seen this posted by spike

BasO from that London

BasO from that London

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,220 posts
  • Supports:
    The Mighty O's of course

I've also posted the link to the petition on facebook.

This is what I wrote.

Please take a minute to sign and spread this link around,if you agree.

I'm not anti West Ham,it's just not right,is it.
Most hammers fans agree with this.
Leyton Orient should be a reality,not just a memory.Thanks.

Other teams forums next.

Techno_Trousers

Techno_Trousers

First Team Rotation

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
http://threeandin.com/?p=27493

Another independent commentary

TT

COMEONYOUOS_RS

COMEONYOUOS_RS

First Team Backup

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient

this is my opinion.it is just an opinion.it may be correct, it may be miles off..but its what I think.........

I believe West Hams owners Gold & Sullivan, who are lets face it, hard nosed businessmen, have got a very valuable asset in a team that plays its home games in the Olympic stadium, and they have a deal to sell that club once the OS deal is signed and secure.

I believe the people who own the Westfields shopping centres will buy West Ham, sometime after the deal is done, and Sullivan & gold will make a shed load of money.

Westfields are mega rich......were talking enormous  sums here, and they will take WEst Ham to new heights.

They will pump millions in that club, and buy top players, and once WH are one of the top teams, they will attract even more mega rich investors

In about 15 years from now, West Ham could be in the Real Madrid/Barcelona league.

The deal was struck, on the basis that they dont share the ground......it lowers the brand in their eyes, and in order that WEst Ham got the stadium, huge backhanders & bungs have been thrown around, to whoever they needed to to be on their side.

If they have spent 5 million on bungs & backhanders, its cheap, as they will make many more millions once their plans come to fruition.

These backhanders may have gone as high as its possible to go.( High as in personel)

How could it be possible, to reach such a decision as has been made, unless money & favours have changed hands.

Any legacy MUST have included Orient.it must have

This whole affair stinks to high heaven

As i say, this is one mans opinion, and maynot be at all factual..Im not saying it is, but this is what i think

Techno_Trousers

Techno_Trousers

First Team Rotation

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient
I reckon you are not far from the truth. Whether Westfields are involved, is debatable, but you could replace their name with any other organisation that may be involved. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that you are almost bang on the truth.
Quite clearly the corruption involved here, and the sums involved, go to very high levels, and there is a cartel that are deliberately keeping Barry and Orient out. The OS 'legacy' (sic) is not a legacy unless it involves Leyton Orient in some way. As the spokesperson for the House of Lords said, the OS legacy was not intended to see the local football club stamped on and destroyed. That is what the LLDC, Boris, Sullivan Gold and Brady intend to do, and they know it. It is almost without doubt that there are very large sums involved, and with a fair number of people. Barry is entirely correct when he alludes to this in his commentary, when he mentions deals done behind closed doors.

This needs to come out, and it needs an investigative journalist to start digging.

TT

Edited by Techno_Trousers, 21 Sep 2013 - 08:43.

TmT

TmT

First Team Backup

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Supports:
    the Orient!
It will all come out in the future, but only at a time that the O's, or anyone else for that matter, can do nothing about it. Dark forces unquestionably at work here.

We'll just take it out on them on the pitch next season!!!

Techno_Trousers

Techno_Trousers

First Team Rotation

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:
    Leyton Orient

And now for the cost of all of this....

http://www.sportsdir...-legal-bill.php

TT

BasO from that London

BasO from that London

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,220 posts
  • Supports:
    The Mighty O's of course

Well I won't be using them when I sell my house.This money was accounted for beforehand (cup run),so no great biggy there.Thing is,the lawyers failed,so if Bazza continues with them maybe there's a deal to be struck to take it further,I dunno,I'm not a lawyer.They (the lawyers) certainly wouldn't want to be losers in a well publicised case though.

Does anyone know why Bazza has been in NY this week,I'm guessing it's boxing but they also have lawyers there,don't they.I really hope he continues with this and the club gets at least some kind of compensation.

I wonder if this could be funded by some billionaire that we don't know about yet.

We could all wear tea towels on our heads for the next home match,just to get the ball rolling.

Stortford O

Stortford O

Youth Hot Prospect

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Supports:
    Orient

Should have gone with some 'no win, no fee' merchants!

BasO from that London

BasO from that London

First Team Player

• Members
  • 1,220 posts
  • Supports:
    The Mighty O's of course

Too right bishop,I could have lost him the case for half of what he paid them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users